Birjoo Mehta came to the United States as B.K.S. Iyengar’s choice to lead the 2013 Iyengar Yoga Conference and Teachers’ Convention in San Diego. He has returned for IYACSR events in 2015 and in 2017. He began studying yoga directly under B.K.S. Iyengar in 1974 and traveled extensively with him in Europe, United States, Australia and China. In addition to the United States, he has lead Iyengar Yoga conventions in the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, France and South Africa. He has conducted workshops in Israel, Ireland, Hong Kong, and Canada. He lives in Mumbai, India.
Body Mind and Breath – A Mystical Triad
The aim of Yoga is stilling the mind (Yoga Sutra I.2). In such a disturbed state of mind there is sorrow, despair, unsteadiness of the body and irregular breathing (Yoga Sutra I.31). In asana, a condition opposed to the disturbed state exists. There is joy and steadiness in asana (Yoga Sutra II.46).
From the interlinked reading of the above sutras, it can be concluded that in asana the breath too must be regular. The theme of the convention is to explore modes and effects of maintaining the steadiness of breath while going into an asana, staying in the asana and coming out of the asana. This would lead to an undisturbed state of the mind.
- EARLY BIRD MEMBER Price [Jan 15, 2020 – May 31, 2020] : $360 ++
* MEMBER Price is for members of Iyengar Yoga Association of California Southern Region (IYACSR) ONLY. Membership must be current at the time of the Birjoo event.
* In the ticketing page use your 5-digit IYNAUS ID as “ACCESS CODE” in the following format; 0####,00###,000## (use 0s as a placeholder for 4 or 3 digit IYNAUS ID) OR #####
Note : Login to https://iynaus.org/ to find your region and IYNAUS ID
* If you have just become or renewed an IYACSR membership in the last 24 hours, please wait 1 more day for ticketing to let your membership catch up
- EARLY BIRD NON-MEMBER Price [ Jan 15, 2020 – May 31, 2020] : $410 ++
*In the ticketing page use 00000 as “ACCESS CODE“
- REGULAR MEMBER/NON-MEMBER Price [June 1, 2020 Onwards] : $475 ++
Terms and Conditions :
- (++) Price does NOT include Eventbrite fees
- SPACE IS LIMITED TO 200 REGISTRANTS
- NO PARTIAL ATTENDANCE
- Participants should have a minimum of TWO years Iyengar Yoga experience, and are responsible for bringing their own props for standing poses, Sirsasana and Salamba Sarvangasana
- If you have any issues with the ticketing, send us an email to IYACSR@gmail.com with “Birjoo Mehta , 2020” in the Subject line.
LOCATION and ACCOMMODATION
Birjoo 2020 will be held at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Conference Center, located at 2270 Hotel Cir N, San Diego, CA 92108; minutes away from San Diego Internation Airport, Downtown Gaslamp district and the San Diego Zoo.There is ample onsite parking.
IYACSR has arranged for discounted room rates at the event venue itself – Crowne Plaza Hotel & Conference Center. The discounted price link will be sent in the confirmation email following the ticket purchase.
By registering for the Iyengar Yoga Association California Southern Region’s “Body Mind and Breath – A Mystical Triad with Birjoo Mehta” workshop on 10/01/2020 – 10/04/2020 (the “Workshop“), I acknowledge, agree and represent that:
1. I freely and voluntarily assume all risks inherent in participating in the Workshop
2. I waive any and all claims, liabilities and damages of any kind or nature which may arise against Iyengar Yoga Association of California Southern Region, its Board Members, heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns (collectively “IYACSR“) and Birjoo Mehta as a result of my participation in this workshop
3. It is my intention to exempt and relieve IYACSR and Birjoo Mehta from liability for personal injury, property damage or property loss caused by negligence or otherwise to the full extent allowable under applicable laws. I agree that under no circumstances will I prosecute or present any claim for personal injury or property damage against IYACSR and Birjoo Mehta arising out of or connected in any way with my participation in or presence at this Workshop at any time
4. I understand and consent to the use of my image and likeness in photography and video taken at this Workshop for use by IYACSR in press, marketing materials and publications, including any and all forms of media
5. I understand it is my responsibility and I assume all risks regarding any loss of my personal property while attending this Workshop
6. I certify that it is my intention that this Release and Waiver is binding not only on me, but also my heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns
7. I assert that I have TWO years minimum Iyengar Yoga experience
8. By registering for this Workshop, I certify that I have read and understand this Release and Waiver.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event for use by IYACSR in press, marketing materials and other publications. By registering for this event, you consent to the photography and video and use of your image and likeness.
CANCELLATION and REFUND POLICY
- Contact the organizer to request a refund *
- Eventbrite fees are nonrefundable
- Full Refund through August 15, 2020, less a $25 admin fee *
- $75 cancellation fee if cancelled between August 16,2020 – September 15,2020 *
- NO refund after September 16,2020.
* Excludes Eventbrite fees