- Be a current member in good standing of IYACSR.
- Display dedication to the practice of Iyengar yoga.
- Agree to provide proof of expenditures associated with the funded request.
- Provide an endorsement from a current teacher certified in the Iyengar method.
The guidelines for IYACSR Scholarships are as follows:
- On an annual basis, the Board will determine an amount to be allocated for scholarship funds for the calendar year. This determination is based on earnings from previous years and membership dues. The Board may use up to 10% of total membership dues and up to 10% of previous years' earnings from events hosted by IYACSR.
- Funded endeavor must contribute to the growth of the Iyengar Yoga tradition in our region.
- The maximum amount allocated for any single recipient will be $500.
- Scholarships will be awarded for continuing education only. No funds will be allocated for travel, lodging or loss of income.
- Applications and awards will be given for events during the current membership year and are not retroactive.
- Current IYACSR Board members are ineligible for scholarships.
- The Scholarship Coordinator will receive applications, remove personal identity and send electronically to all Board members.
- The Board will meet to make a determination regarding who will receive scholarships and how much will be awarded.
- Recipients will be notified by phone and/or email the amount awarded and any information specific to that recipient’s award.
- The Treasurer will fund the award within 5 calendar days of approval or as monies are required. Distribution may be made directly to the training program designated by the recipient at his/hers discretion. The Treasurer will be responsible for obtaining and filing the receipts provided by the recipient of the scholarship.
Fill out the application below or download the scholarship application and mail it.